We’ve reserved a beautiful house for the 2018 Virginia Beach trip.
This gorgeous semi-oceanfront beach home offers over 4000 square feet of space with room for the entire family. Beach access is just across the street. The huge 3rd floor Great Room offers plenty of leather seating as well as a 52″ Flat Panel TV and open access to the dining area with multiple tables to seat our whole family. The Kitchen is a chef’s dream with Granite Countertops, 2 Ovens, 2 Dishwashers and plenty of space to create those gourmet delights! There’s a total of 13 Bedrooms and 13 full baths (2 with Jetted Tubs) and two half baths including 10 King Master Suites and One Queen Suite.
The first floor Recreation Room features a Theater area with a 72″ Flat Panel TV, Blu-ray Disc player and Surround Sound – plus a Pool Table, Air Hockey Table and Foosball Table. There’s also a Wetbar with a full size refrigerator that’s conveniently located by the pool for easy access to snacks and beverages. Multi – level decking on both East and West sides of the house offer you many options for soaking up the sun or just relaxing in the shade plus views of both the beach and the bay. After a day on the beach or sight-seeing, you can even enjoy the luxury of riding the elevator to your room – great for carrying in groceries and luggage too! Best of all, you even have your own Private Outdoor Swimming Pool to cool off after a day of fun in the summer sun.
Final Payments are Due by March 1st
The following table shows the amount you have paid to date and the remaining amount due.
Payments can now be made from your phone via the Cash app (Square Cash). You may also pay via Facebook, Google Wallet, or Paypal.
- Cash Tag: $mdavis17d or 570-815-6960
- Google Wallet: 570-815-6960
- PayPal link -> PayPal Me
We had some confusion last year on alcohol purchases. The rule was that people are responsible for their own alcohol and occasionally the cost got mixed in with family food expense. We will keep these expenses completely separated for 2018.
You will find 25 posts in the category Recipes on this blog.
I try to follow developments at Disney both as a stockholder and as a 15-visit fan. The news coming out of the D23 convention in California this weekend was very exciting and somewhat overwhelming. It looks like we will have many reasons to continue our visits.
Star Wars Hotel
This is probably the most exciting announcement. This is a fully immersive experience. Not only with the theming be entirely based on Star Wars, but all cast members will act like they have always lived in the Star Wars universe. The rooms look awesome! This will be a luxury resort. Better start saving now. (read more)
Disney Cruise Lines
- Three new ships are being built to augment the current four-ship fleet (Fantasy, Dream, Wonder, Magic). We sailed on the Dream and would love to do another cruise. The new ships will sail in 2021, 2022, and 2023. (read more)
- A new Ratatouille 4D attraction will be added to the France pavilion. The attraction is based on the animated movie and duplicates the popular Paris-Disneyland attraction. Opens 2021. (read more)
- Universe of Energy will be re-themed to Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like this might happen more quickly than normal since they’ve announced Universe of Energy will close on August13, 2017. (read more)
- A “Mission-Space” restaurant is being added next to the attraction. (read more)
- The 360-degree movie in the China pavilion will be upgraded.
- Journey into the Imagination will be re-themed based on the awesome movie “Inside-Out”. This one is just a rumor
- The last date for Great Movie Ride is August 13, 2017. The Ride will be closed forever. Its not clear what will be done in this space, but perhaps an expansion of Star Wars Land.
- Art work for Star Wars Land (now called “Galaxy’s Edge”) was revealed. Disney is continuing the process of creating immersive experiences that was started by Universal with the Harry Potter worlds. Disney California did an amazing job with Cars Land and it looks like Galaxy’s Edge will be awesome. (read more)
- One of the new attractions in Galaxy’s Edge will be a ride in the Millennium Falcon
- A Tron light-cycle roller-coaster will be coming to the area near Space Mountain. Initially it was reported that the roller-coaster would replace the Tommorowland Speedway. However, the concept art shows the speedway to be intact. The Tron roller-coaster duplicates the ride from Shanghai-Disneyland. (read more)
- A new theater will be added to Main Street. This will be for live shows. Its not yet clear where this will be constructed nor what will be impacted. (read more)
Disney is implementing an exciting new way to get around with the Disney Skyliner gondola system. The gondolas will have stations in EPCOT, Disney’s Studios, Caribbean Beach Resort, and Art of Animation. (read more)
MinnieVans – DisneyWorld will offer a new Uber-type transportation option with appropriately-themed MinnieVans.
Disney Riviera Hotel will be a new Disney Vacation Club resort.
Planning is underway up for the 2018 48th annual Phillips Family Memorial Day Camping Trip at World’s End State Park. We are rapidly evolving with another generation of campers. We’ll be looking for some help to make sure we pass along some of the old traditions and create some new ones for the next generation. What are some of the traditions that you remember, and what traditions need more attention or need to emerge?
Camp out dates are Thursday, May 24th through Monday, May 28th, 2018. However, Mark and Brian are probably going up on Wednesday and would welcome anyone who’d like to stay an additional night. Actually, we had so much fun last year that we might go up on Tuesday. Continue reading 2018 Memorial Day Camp Out
Planning is underway up for the 2017 47th annual Phillips Family Memorial Day Camping Trip at World’s End State Park. We are rapidly evolving with another generation of campers. We’ll be looking for some help to make sure we pass along some of the old traditions and create some new ones for the next generation. What are some of the traditions that you remember, and what traditions need more attention or need to emerge?
Camp out dates are Thursday, May 25th through Monday, May 29th, 2017. However, Mark and Brian are probably going up on Wednesday and would welcome anyone who’d like to stay an additional night. Continue reading 2017 Memorial Day Camp Out